Nikon D5100 vs. Nikon D3100 + Lens?

Posted by Jony Group on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nikon D5100 Vs D5100
I recently purchased a Nikon D5100. Then I realized that if I return it and go for the Nikon D3100 body, I would have additional funds from that $ 200 to invest on an additional lens. So what ought to I do? If I got with the D3100, which lens ought to I go for? Thank you!

fhotoace: Why are you down grading your D5100 to a D3100?

Why I inquire, by the time you discover how to use your camera, you really should be capable to be saving for a 2nd lens. Learn to use what you have just before you start getting other lenses. My guess is that by the time you are shooting with your exceptional D5100 intuitively, you will know specifically what 2nd lens you really want.

If you want to shoot landscapes, the lens you want charges significantly far more than $ 200 and is the 10-24 mm lens. If you want to shoot macro, that lens as well expenses considerably much more than $ 200.

Learn to use what you have and then save for what you want.

NickName: Nikon D5100 Critique
http://dslr.bz/nikon-d5100/

Diamond: At $ 700 with lens, the Nikon D3100 is easy to recommend—it offers wonderful picture high quality, a valuable Guide Mode for newbies, and continuous autofocus for individuals who want a genuine D-SLR with basic video recording. Despite not becoming in a position to supply continuous autofocus, the Canon EOS Rebel T2i stays our Editor’s Choice spending budget D-SLR considering that it delivers top-notch picture good quality, a much better LCD, and a wider choice of video resolutions and frame rates. If you happen to be hunting for a camera that gives something closer to a true camcorder expertise, the Sony Alpha55, the mirror-much less Sony NEX-three, and the Panasonic Lumix GH1 are well worth checking out.

Droid: The Nikon D5100 is a new 16.two megapixel DSLR camera that can record Complete HD films at 1920×1280 pixels / 25fps with stereo sound.

Fantastic “Vehicle” settings: Produces actually good images on several of the common settings for Shutter and Aperture Priority and complete Program. (even though I advocate to beginners to try to discover how to shoot in Manual mode at least to understand how it performs and By no means use any of the silly settings like “Sports activities” or the other ones.)
Shutter does not produce exclusive sound, there are many clicking sounds heard, hence does not have audible feedback on when the shutter in fact activated.
I got this camera for 599.00 pondering that it would out performed my Nikon L120, but even although it is a DSLR it operates about the exact same as my point and shoot.This is my rev. comparing it to my $ 289.00 Nikon L120.

I’m new to DSLR and heard a great deal about this camera. so i determined to bought this Nikon 3100 and discovered it to be what they say it was. I was stunned when i opened the packaged and located it to have no cables. Otherwise it it functioned as was stated. 1 other noticeable flaw is that you have to set the ISO through “i” button.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment